Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful for a Classmate


       Well greetings to everyone that’s reading this blog right now. Although my family personally doesn’t celebrate thanksgiving, it’s still worth mentioning the people that I’m thankful for on this particular day of the year.  For this blog, we were told to openly present our gratitude to a classmate but I feel the urge to thank more than one person. Even though that’s my opinion, I guess I should just obediently follow the instructions (sigh).   
       
        After considering who I should thank which wasn’t that difficult because I don’t know many of my classmates personally, I had made the decision to give my sincere gratitude to David Zhen who sits next to me. Overall, I had known him for only since last year in biology class but that doesn’t stop me from recognizing the assistance that he had given me. At school, I usually meet with him before 2nd period and then we would just talk for a few minutes about homework or something else before class begins. Sometimes I might have some trigonometry problems that I didn’t understand from the homework assigned the night before and he would try to provide for me a better understanding of the material. Even if he can’t comprehend it either, I still consider talking to someone early in the morning as a soothing act before going through the stress of the day. Luckily, we would meet each other again in American Literature class where sometimes if I have any questions about what we’re doing in class, I could ask him about it (quietly). When the day is finally over and I could go home, I would see him in the hallway and we would talk a bit to end the day. Without his help throughout the day to release the accumulated tensions, I probably would be really frustrated afterward and that would cost me a good night of sleep required to be able to actively learning the next day.

    If I had to use two words to describe you, I would probably consider “great friend” to be the most suitable. Thank you very much, David!
I know some of you can't read Chinese but these words mean "Great Friend"

1 comment:

  1. I also wrote about you. You too help me with problems when I don't understand. I also would describe you as a "great friend", you're always there to help me. Thanks you very much, Yi.

    ReplyDelete