Friday, November 12, 2010

A new direction the class should take.(period)

Well, honestly, I don’t have any suggestion for a new direction this class should go towards. After learning in this classroom for about a quarter, I realize that there’s nothing that I don’t enjoy or even dislike for one bit. Overall this class is enjoyable, innovating, and produces a lot of productive discussions so it’s not boring to the point where I’ll just zone out. Probably you could guess by now that I like this class a lot more than my other classes which are why I’m going to write about what direction I would suggest for those classes.
In other classes as some of you who read this might agree is just too boring due to the assignments mostly being from a textbook. For example: In a language class, your teacher might assign you some worksheets or finish an assignment from a textbook. Most of the time, they won’t tell you to start a conversation with your peers using the language you’re learning or have discussions over a topic in the classroom. Due to the lack of practice and interesting discussions, I would just almost fall asleep in class because there’s nothing that interests me besides learning new vocabulary words or sentence structures. If the classes become more interactive and connect what we learn to non-school related events, then people like me would become more eager to learn the material. The time spent in classroom shouldn’t just be mainly focused on learning new material but should also discuss how the information you’ve obtained is useful in living your daily lives outside of school.  
                                                                              V.S

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the American Lit class is productive,enjoyable, and innovating,but I think there are some changes that need to occur. One thing is that I think we need to use the vocabulary books more so we can learn more vocab. Also it would be helpful if homework was posted on edline.

    ReplyDelete