Thursday, September 9, 2010

Introduction

             Hello everybody! My name is Yi Dong Mei. This year I’m going to be one of your classmates in Mr. McCarthy’s 7th period American literature class. I hope that by reading this blog entry, all of you could know a little bit more about me. At this time, we probably know a few or a lot of people in this room but by the end of reading all of these blog entries, we would be more familiar with each other than we are now. Now let us get started on knowing a little bit about me!
 This year I’m a sophomore attending Whitney Young High School. My birthday is in July each year so I had just recently turned fifteen years old. Since I was the only child and my father immigrated to the United States, my mother and I moved here when I was just eight years old. To this day, I live in Chicago’s one and only Chinatown where Chinese culture are displayed almost everywhere. You can find traces of them from the food made in bakery stores to the zodiac animals at Zodiac Square. Well, that’s enough about my personal information so now read about my personality.
Some of my interests are playing badminton, going for bike rides with friends, and listening to almost any kind of music. Besides from hobbies, I am interested in reading science fiction books such as the Ender’s game series by Orson Scott Card, learning about Chinese culture and participating in the Whitney Young Garden Club. The reason why I actually participated in the Whitney Young Garden Club is because it’s very enjoyable to spend one or two hours every week taking care of plants with other students who are also interested plus there is opportunities for students to obtain service hours. Last year, we get to build our very own greenhouse from scratch and we grew some of the vegetables that we used in the dishes to sell at the Taste of Whitney Young.   
Well that’s almost all there is to know about me because by this time, most of you might already be placing your attention on other more important tasks in your minds.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, nice intro. I felt like reading this made me got to know you more, even though we've known each other for a year. Well yea, hope you do well during the school year. Glad your in the same class as me. :]

    ReplyDelete